Aprendiendo sobre el cáncer de mama
I was diagnosed with DCIS in Sept. My oncologist did not recommend radiation due to the (small) size of the area & wide (clear) margins. She told me to get a second opinion if I wasn't comfortable with that. Some oncologists believe that radiation should be given for all cases of DCIS. I decided to hold off on radiation & take aromatase inhibitors for 5 years (my feeling is that if I develop invasive CA later on, I want to have the option of radiation at that time.) Also, 2/3 of DCIS do not become invasive, so I'm concerned about over treatment. It's confusing, so do your homework, ask for advice, but know in the end, it's your decision.